- Contribute to a team of embedded software engineers in a positive, and high-performance work environment, as an active implementer of product and DevOps infrastructure capabilities.
- Create software builds and manages releases.
- Maintain and update build tools and scripts.
- Automate the build process and look for ways to improve performance.
- Work with other software developers to troubleshoot build failures.
- Develop and document standard operating procedures and other supporting documentation.
- Provide work estimates and status reports as requested.
- Maintain adequate interaction to ensure assigned tasks are prioritized appropriately.
- Keep being informed of new developments in the configuration management field. Identify and participate in technical and developmental training opportunities.
- Research, consider, and explore new possibilities utilizing the latest technologies and standards.
- Effectively collaborate with others through mutually supportive professional relationships, open and direct communications, honesty, and respect.
Rockwell Automation is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable.
Rockwell Automation is looking for an exceptional developer to join a team of highly productive embedded software engineers and test resources in the development and enhancement of embedded FactoryTalk Analytics appliances. In this role you will also be responsible for software configuration management, build process and associated tools.
Our FactoryTalk Analytics appliances are developed in agile teams that are highly collaborative and innovative. The environment is dynamic, fast paced, and requires a highly motivated individual with a passion for DevOps and product development. In this position you will design, develop, and maintain the software build process and associated tools.
This will involve working with different teams around the world on multiple product lines using state of the art tools and processes. You will also design and develop new software features, participating in the full development lifecycle. Development is performed in a team environment utilizing sound engineering and software development practices and technology. Responsibilities include collaborating with multiple cross-functional teams and possible technical leadership of a small-scale feature or portion of a feature.
Who we're looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering
Required Experience and Skills:
- 2+ years of Agile product development and design of embedded and object-oriented software
- 2+ years in a software configuration management role
- Test automation, and continuous integration and delivery tools (Jenkins, Azure DevOps, etc.)
- C++, C# and Python programming languages and common tools
- Agile software development using Scrum
- Git software repository
- Design patterns
- Developing products for Windows and Linux operating systems
- Desire to learn and apply new technologies
- Must exhibit excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Experience in industrial automation product development or related technical areas, including background with large scale system development projects
- Experience developing products that interface with the ControlLogix platform or other industrial control systems
- Experience with Angular front-end development and machine learning systems would be beneficial
- VMware virtualization products
- Jenkins and Azure Cloud CI/CD
- Artifactory software repository
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking