- Acting as a senior developer taking responsibility for succeeding the tasks according to plans.
- Understand the business requirements in order to implement the best IT solution.
- Design, model and code solutions that fit the problem domain
- Take responsibility for all development work and ownership of quality control
- Work with other developers, testers, Scrum Master, Product Owner and other people involved
- Stay up to date with new technology and teach other developers how to incorporate new trends
- Generate ideas with other team members and offer insightful solutions
- Meet tight deadlines with a cool head
- Attend meetings with clients and peers
Our clients are heavily relying on Java-based solutions as those are contributing to a lion share of the profit made by the company. This creates an environment where high technical & communication skills combined with proper information flow are in a huge need. This is also the reason why we pay so much attention in the Java area to education & knowledge sharing - by providing training to Talent & Automation Program and running active communities like LSD and CoPs. New technologies like Kafka are also in our focus as they are contributing to TechUp vision by becoming future pillars of the Java ecosystem. Solution-wise, we build & maintain software that is used by many customers (both private & business), with a variety of architectures and technologies. How important Java technology is, is also reflected in the number of consultants/employees working as Java Developers, which is fluctuating near 90 positions at the moment.
Who we're looking for?
- Be able to adapt business knowledge and design according to these.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Team-oriented attitude
- Profound knowledge of Java
- Strong understanding of object-oriented analysis and design
- Hands-on experience with design patterns and other software development best practices
- Clean code practitioner
- Commitment to producing high quality code with an attention to detail
- Experience in Java software development using Spring frameworks
- Have experience with the PaaS platform at able to communicate about needs and challenges.
- Core Java competencies:
- Good technical and working knowledge of Java (1.8+)
- Spring Boot 1/2 (regardless of version must-have)
- Thorough understanding of REST concepts
- Familiarity with Unit and Integration tests, especially in Spring Boot and distributed applications
- Familiarity with basic system integration patterns
- Experience working with Git, Git flow
- Basic knowledge of OpenShift, Jenkins pipelines and Linux environments
- Experience with middleware and messaging systems (IBM MQ, JMS)
- Experience with performance profiling and load testing
- Familiarity with ELK Stack