Contributor Software QA Engineer
- 2-3 Years, Debug complex software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply and maintain quality standards for company products. Develop and executes software test plans.
- Analyze and writes test standards and procedures.
- Maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- Analyze test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action.
- Consult with development engineers, business analysts and system architects in resolution of problems. Assist with the designing, coding and execution of automated test scripts. Document and track product testing problems.
- Maintain automated scripts.
- Attend status meetings, conduct demos, provide oral and written reports.
- Quality Assurance Attributes - Customer Focus: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of both internal and external customers.
- Planning and Organizing - Optimizes time and resources to complete tasks and accomplish goals.
- Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Analytical/Logical Reasoning - Uses reasoning to identify logical connections and conclusions.
- Effective Communication - Structures and conveys ideas and information in English, both verbally and in writing, in a way that brings about understanding.
- Teamwork - Promotes global cooperation, collaboration and partnerships between individuals and groups.
Who we're looking for?
- Demonstrated Experience in Quality Assurance testing, writing and executing test plans.
- Demonstrated Experience with bug tracking tools such as JIRA, Bugzilla.
- Test Automation and Testing Tools.
- Demonstrated experience in testing Java applications.
- Strong English communication skills, written and verbal. Experience working with global teams.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/subprojects simultaneously, organizational skills.
- Takes initiative in handling issues that arise during testing.
- Experience using XML/JSON.
- Experience testing with Agile/Iterative Development.
- Airline Industry experience a plus including reservation desk, Tariff, Pricing or Ticketing.
- Experience using Postman/SoapUI.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Requirements Analysis - Analyzes and validates results to ensure requirements and documentation standards are met.
- Systems Analysis - Determines how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes, knowledge of products and system architecture.
- Systems Integration - Knowledge of how different systems interact, including potential problems and difficulties that may occur.
- Technology Knowledge - Knowledge of common systems, networks, platforms, tools/languages and integration points for assigned products or customers. Maintains technical knowledge in assigned areas.
- Test Engineering - Creates, executes, and documents the tests necessary to assure that an application or technical environment meets user functional and performance requirements. Includes automation test tools.
- Testing/Automation Tools - Knowledge of industry test standards and automated tools and methods that facilitate functional testing of software which may include load, performance, stress and capacity.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field