We are looking for a Strong Manual QA engineer who can develop and support Tests Cases, Test Automation tools and take over not complicated development tasks, as well as knows how to approach testing. Experience testing/developing back-end applications (WebServices, Databases, Messaging Services, Flat Files, Unix CLI) is highly valuable.
We work with data platforms for clients, trading accounts and instruments within a bank, maintaining data gathering, accumulation, clean up, match and merge, distribution and adoption.
Our project consists of 3 back-end applications, Java- and ETL- based server-side logic; RESTful web services, messaging services (EMS, JMS, ORACLE advanced queuing), ORACLE DB and integrations of all of those components are subject of development and testing in the department.
Wide stack of technologies and tools such as Java and various Java-based testing frameworks (with use of TestNG , JUnit, Spring, httpclient, etc.), Postman etc., most advanced test management and defect tracking systems - JIRA+XRay+Structure.
Agile practices in development and test process, with easy and effective estimation approach and model.
Effective training and people development mechanisms,
Ability to learn and develop communication and analytical skills,
Obtaining of exclusive investment banking and reference data business domain knowledge.
Ability to develop into QA Lead/Technical Lead/Technical Test Manager!
- Mix of manual & automation testing
- Design tests and test plans;
- Develop test approach
- Plan and execute manual testing according to product requirements;
- Execute test cases and update test documentation;
- Analyze business requirements and design documents for completeness and testability;
- Review test failures and determine the sources of problems (test deficiencies, deviation from requirements, etc.)
- Communication with developers, QAs and Change Leads/PMs;
- Deploy test artifact versions onto test environments when required
- Monitoring applications status on test environments
- Build Regression packages per Release
- Design new automation tests, approaches and tools
- Guiding and mentoring regular QA staff
- Development of small features and fixes in Java (when there is no Test Automation in the plan)
- Update and support Automated Test Suite
Who we're looking for?
- Excellent testing experience and very good understanding of full testing lifecycle
- Good understanding of test automation concepts and patterns
- Understanding of non-functional testing like failover, resilience, load testing (Jmeter, Loadrunner, locust etc.)
- Experience in Scrum / Agile methodology
- SQL Knowledge
- Good understanding and knowledge of test methodologies and tools (Jira, X-Ray, Confluence etc.)
- Hands-on experience with test automation tools (eg. Spock, Selenium Web Driver, Java Robot, Cucumber)
- Experience in Java programming language (Core Java, JUnit)
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Good knowledge of Unix / Linux environments
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery with Jenkins or TeamCity or similar tools
- Experience with Oracle DB/PostrgreSQL
- Investment banking experience and Banking related background