It's huge Java based trading platform used daily by more than 1500 individuals - split between internal traders and external clients. The most important thing is stability, throughput and latency. As a result, analysts, developers and support must all be focused on achieving the leanest, fastest system they can deliver, whilst at the same time delivering required benefit to the business.
As part of an ongoing program of change, the role will be to work within an existing scrum team whose product backlog includes
- ongoing changes and developing new features & components
- performance improvements
- infrastructure upgrades
You will :
- Work closely with other teams, business, BAs, peers to ensure we deliver good quality product
- Understand existing application technical details and make technical trade-offs between short-term needs and long-term strategy.
- Research, design most appropriate solutions to implement new features with limited guidance
- Focus on producing clean, reliable solutions that add business value and do not introduce technical debt
Who we're looking for?
Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of Java experience working on large code bases.
- Strong sense of ownership
- Proficiency in software engineering practices for the software development life cycle (writing code, testing, code reviews, build process, etc).
- Team player with good interpersonal / communication skills
- Experience in communicating with peers, BAs, technical teams, business to collect requirements
- Experience developing real-time, distributed, high performance applications
- Multi-threaded programming experience
- Proficiency in spring framework, SQL
- Exchange connectivity experience
- Knowledge of the FIX protocol
- Business knowledge of Exchange Traded Derivatives
- Business knowledge of Front / Back office processes (eg the lifecycle of a trade)