You will be part of a multi-national team of 50+ young passionate developers and testers responsible for the development of the next generation SDN (Software-Defined Networking) solution for Data Center networking.
The solution targets the Data Centers of large organizations, including private/hybrid/public cloud environments, and manages the configuration of L2-L3 networking devices.
We are looking for a QA engineer to contribute to the test automation process for a Kubernetes-based platform, which provides container hosting for the services of the SDN controller.
This includes writing test plans, setting up test environments, implementing test cases using a Python 3 based test automation framework, running and troubleshooting regression tests.
- Develop automated test cases in Python 3 with an in-house developed framework.
- Participate in business requirements review with developers and business stakeholders.
- Prepare Test plan, Test cases and Test scripts for product enhancements and bug fixes.
- Perform Functional, System, Integration and Regression tests.
- Participate in daily Scrum activities, and Sprint execution.
- Prepare and maintain QA testing environments.
- Perform troubleshooting to understand the root cause of an issue.
- Document test results, identify exceptions and communicate results to the team.
- Manage Defect lifecycle.
Who we're looking for?
- 3+ years of hands on experience with software testing.
- 2+ year experience in a programming/scripting language (Python preferred).
- Good knowledge of QA processes and Defect Life Cycle
- Critical/algorithmic thinking in context of troubleshooting
- Good skills with administering Linux systems and Shell scripting
- Good understanding of the TCP/IP stack (IP addresses, netmask, transport protocols)
- Very good written and spoken English.
- Ability to work, and thrive in a distributed team.
- Self-starter, takes initiative, identifies and completes tasks.
- Professional with ability to properly handle confidential information.
- Linux (Centos, Ubuntu)
- Linux shells (Bash)
- Linux containers (Docker & LXC/LXD), virtual machines
- Networking tools (ping, traceroute)
- Github, Jira
- Knowledge of Python programming language is a big plus
- Experience working with Kubernetes
- Experince with Linux containers (Docker, LXC or LXD)
- Experience working with hardware virtualization (KVM)
- ISTQB Certification is a plus
- Previously working with continuous integration
- Experience working with Git, code reviews
- Experience in testing web services
- Experience with Agile software development methodology (SCRUM framework is preferred)
- Experience working with network protocols and equipment (routers/switches/firewalls/VPN)