Rockwell Automation is looking for a Project Embedded Software Quality Engineering individual contributor to join our team. The incumbent will help develop and implement robust preventive quality plans to build quality into product design and processes. In this role working in a matrixed and dynamic environment with creativity, attention to detail and effective communication is key.
In this role you will:
- Read and interpret technical product documentation with understanding of product usage within customer application and environment;
- Provides design input and fit for use to product development teams;
- Owns New Product Introduction (NPI) quality roadmap and execution and develops impactful planning to build quality into the design;
- Performs risk assessment and implements early preventive mitigation action plans;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving competency to drive performance results;
- Implements dashboards and metrics to drive on-going continuous improvement;
- Leads Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and ensures corrective and preventive action planning, addresses true and systemic root cause and eliminates repeats;
- Applies quality design methodologies, tools and techniques (e.g. Design for Six Sigma, Design for Reliability, Failure Mode Effect Analysis, etc.) incrementally and throughout product development;
- Analyzes data both internally and externally to identify trends and drive systemic product and process improvements with the development teams;
- Assess the field anomalies, works with product stakeholders to triage and prioritize to drive quality improvement for our customers.
- Works well in a matrix organization and accepts shared accountability,
- Proven leadership and change management agent in a matrix environment;
- Maintains accountability for high quality performance throughout product lifecycle;
- Accepts and hold self and team accountable for performance and results;
- Routinely presents and communicates quality readouts to leadership;
- Manages varying priorities and collaborates across multiple KSHs and disciplines, internal and external customers;
- Participate and support key employee initiatives including the employee engagement survey, culture of inclusion initiatives and ethics;
- Collaborates with stakeholders, business partners and internal and external customers.
Who we're looking for?
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent;
- Minimum of 8 years in quality, manufacturing or field service engineering;
- Minimum of 5 years in New Product Introduction (NPI) in Software or embedded SW environment;
- Proven effective communication across all organizational levels;
- Ability to influence and drive results with cross-functional and global teams within a complex matrix organization;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to drive performance results;
- Strong experience in continuous improvement and QA tools and methodologies;
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Primarily Excel and PowerPoint, Power BI).
- Ability to execute Enterprise Resource Planning system, preferably SAP;
- Certification in LEAN, Six SIGMA tools and methodologies (i.e., Green Belt / Black Belt), CQE, AQE;
- Effectively provide key inputs into product requirements by leveraging deep understanding of HW, SW/FW, and embedded Software integration at a product, application and system level;
- Sound technical understanding of the environment inclusive of products and infrastructure that must work together to achieve the desired customer outcome;
- Project Management or Project Management Professional certification;
- Master of Science or MBA is a plus.
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking