The Analyst is an individual contributor who also works in a team environment on various activities that impact Classification for Global Trade (CGT) as well as the Company. The Analyst will be able to determine accurate classification of Harmonized Tariff Codes (HTS), Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) & Country of Origin (COO) for standard and Engineered to Order (ETO) products while creating and maintaining backup in the system. This position will handle day to day transactional tasks as well as department projects as assigned. The analyst will work on issues of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data is required.
In this role you will:
- Working knowledge of global Free Trade Agreements and how to determine eligibility
- Determine global HTS codes, US ECCN and COO for all products
- Read and interpret Bills of Material, engineering drawings and other technical data
- Create adequate backup documentation for product classifications per department procedures
- Monitor inbound and outbound shipments for missing classification data
- Release orders on hold in the systems
- Navigate SAP/IFS systems to troubleshoot and resolve issues that may arise in day-to-day transactions
- Respond to classification inquiries from outside of the department
- Work on projects as assigned
Who we're looking for?
- General knowledge of the following regulations and rules:
- 1. Harmonized Tariff Schedule on a global level in accordance with WCO rules and regulations.
- 2. U.S. Export Administration Regulations and the Commerce Control List as well as working knowledge of foreign export control laws
- 3. Global Country of Origin rule.
Education/ experience requirements:
- Bachelor Degree (B.A.) in and of the following areas: Business Management, International Business, Operations, Logistics, Engineering
- At least two years of proven experience in classification and import/export compliance activities
- Customs Broker License is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Office 365, Access Databases & Excel. SAP/GTS experience is a plus.
- When required both domestic and international (Less than 10%)
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking