This role exists within the Client Analytics POD. We are focussed on consolidating data across the Equities execution stack in order to create insights and analytics for internal users and external clients e.g. Pre and Post Trade Analytics, client execution reporting and business MI. This role will lead our next generation client reporting solution - Pulse Reports - which is developed in Java / Spring with React.js UI deployed into Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
The Analytics team is relatively new so we do not have too many technical constraints. We are open to ideas and we choose the best technology for job and will download, build or buy in this preference order. We don't know how to do everything so we prefer to try, fail and learn through small iterations via proof-of-concept projects.
- You and your teammates are responsible for all aspects of delivering software to your users:
o Speaking to the product owner (traders) to understand new feature requirements
o Development of new features
o Automating regression testing of new software
o Frequent deployment of multiple software packages to production
o Production availability - we collectively build and own the service
o Peer review of colleague's changes
o Speak up and help shape how we do things better
Who we're looking for?
- Expertise of Java development, with at least 4 years of experience
- Familiar with VCS, TDD, continuous integration and delivery environment using Git, Teamcity, Jenkins or equivalent tooling
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture and distributed computing paradigm
- UI development experience using the React framework
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience in development using Spring framework.
- Linux and containerization (e.g. Docker) experience
- MongoDB or in other document oriented databases
- Experience building cloud based solutions using public cloud providers.
- An interest in financial markets