The goal of the project is to develop and support both embedded software of the satellite set-top-boxes and their head-end/back-end services in the USA market for one of the world's largest telecommunication providers.
Many challenging features are being implemented using a wide range of proprietary and modern technologies, languages, and frameworks, among which you may find Java Core/EE 8, Embedded Java VMs, C, C++ 11, Golang, Python, Spring Framework, Amazon Web Services (Lambda Functions, Step Functions, Athena, S3, RDS, KDS, KDA, KDF, Redshift, etc), Kafka, ELK stack, Grafana, New Relic, XMMP, etc. The features may vary from audio/video processing and streaming to adding new ways of advertising and integrating with 3rd party devices like Amazon Echo, Google Home and Apple HomePod.
The project is based on Agile methodology with the application of the SAFe 4 framework. Two development teams and one stress testing team are located in Wroclaw, Poland.
- Design and implement new features for set-top-boxes using Java core/C++
- Investigate issues and bug fixing for set-top-boxes (50% of the time)
- Working in a team according to Scrum/Agile principles
Who we're looking for?
- Professional experience: 5+ years
- Solid C/C++11 knowledge
- Core programming skills: object-oriented design, OOP design patterns, concurrency, data structures and algorithms
- Multi-threading development
- Linux or any other Unix
- Good verbal and written communication English skills
- Embedded development
- Linux scripting languages (Bash)
- Makefiles and automated build tools
- Audio/Video processing and streaming
- Networking stack understanding
- GDB debugging
- Google test framework
- Embedded Java VMs
- Linux kernel, driver development
- Jira, Confluence