This position will be part of the Equity Derivatives IT team in Bank’s Global Banking and Markets Division. The US Equity Derivatives technology group spans the globe and services all client areas within the bank for Equities-related services. Curiosity and a growth mind-set driven by continuous learning are key values within our team.
We’re looking for talented developers with a passion for designing, building, deploying and supporting large-scale systems in a rapidly-moving environment.
Equity Derivatives IT is undergoing a large transformation project to entirely refresh our platforms for large-scale compute, global data services, pricing and risk and pnl production. We need experienced developers to help build out these services as we grow the new platform to fulfil our regulatory commitments, and to power business growth, especially in the structured products space.
The candidate will work on primarily new services, using modern Java on the server side, across our internal cloud and external clouds. Although the roles are development-focussed, teams are expected to fully support their own applications, including deployment, release management, and user support, all the way to production
- Analyse and propose solutions based on business requirements,
- Efficiently translate these requirements into working software,
- Amend and produce specifications/documentation as required,
- Investigate live system faults, diagnose problems, propose and provide solutions,
- Complete projects in a timely manner,
- Collaborate with colleagues on delivering completed software to production,
- Be accountable for assigned deliverables,
- Be communicative, particularly with delivery challenges.
Who we're looking for?
You’re an experienced server-side developer with a technical background. You should be able to demonstrate problem-solving ability, and be comfortable working in an agile environment with rapid release cycles.
- Extensive knowledge of modern Java – we use versions 8 and 11 today (3+ years of hands-on experience or more)
- Continuous Integration products such as TeamCity and Jenkins
- Solid knowledge of Git version control, and workflows around
- Development of distributed systems
- Python development/scripting
- Experience working with Equity Derivatives products and systems
- Experience with GCP development, deployment, and operations
- Experience working in financial institutions
- Experience in other cloud computing environments (e.g. AWS, Azure, Alicloud…)
- Experience with Linux and Windows for development environment, and Linux for production
- Experience with Mongo DB