Global Debt Markets (GDM) IT supports the Global Debt Markts Business within Bank's Markets and Securities Services organisation. The GDM Business are the principle market makers for Credit and Rates products within the Bank Markets business.
The Falcon UI is a core piece of the Global Debt Markets (GDM) technology estate and the foundation upon which the GDM Trader Desktop is built. Falcon teams work on nearly every part of the front office application estate from Risk and Trading Booking to Electronic Trading and Market Making.
The Falcon framework is a state-of-the-art trading and risk application platform utilized across various businesses at Bank built on HTML5 and React. The framework is designed for scalability, high throughput, responsiveness and availability to meet high standards of the trading desks. Using the latest technologies, applications based on Falcon compete with industry leading solutions in robustness, scalability as well as aesthetics. Falcon applications are quickly evolving at a high release cadence contributed by a large team of developers from across IT.
- Working with the Business, IT development and support teams to ensure successful implementation of business and technical requirements
- Ensuring consistent processes across the development lifecycle and working closely with other Falcon and Front to back teams to continually improve the devops pipeline.
- Identifying and collaborating on re-use opportunities within the broader Falcon community, both as a consumer and producer of components.
- Contributing to and collaborating to improve the overall Falcon application beyond their specific projects.
Who we're looking for?
- Building UI's as part of multi-tier applications.
- Experience with Java
- Experience supporting a global business and collaborating with multiple teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Has an analytical approach to problem solving
- Keen sense of ownership, carried through the full SDLC from specification to production support
- Experience mentoring junior team members
- Team player, with a proven awareness of the importance of team working in a fast paced highly technical environment
- Interested in learning new skills and flexibility to work on anything that we have - some of our stuff is Java, React.js, Scala, Mongo, etc... You may not be an expert, but we still expect you to try and learn to get the job done.
- Experience working in Fixed Income, working knowledge of Rates & Credit products including Bonds, IRS and CDS.
- Experience with pricing and/or risk management of Fixed Income products
- Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence and other Atlassian products
- Knowledge of DevOps tools such as Ansible, Jenkins
- Experience with Jacascipt/React.JS
- Experience with Electron or OpenFin
- Experience with Canvas and Workers
- Experience wth Java and Scala