DevOps Engineer (BI Stack)
DevOps Engineer (BI Stack)
We are currently hiring for a talented Database Administrator to join our team developing and operating our PMI Enterprise Data Platform. PMI Enterprise Data Platform is a strategic capability to drive new consumer insights, to improve consumer experience, to enable fast context-aware decision making and to optimize operations along the value chain. This role will be based at PMI Service Center Europe Sp. z o.o in the Information Technology (IT) Department in Kraków, Poland.
- Act as DBA for SaaS Analytical Database Solution
- Maintain and support Datawarehouse Automation solution and related integration with SaaS Analytical Database and PMI Data Lake (Enterprise Landing)
- Monitor Costs for AWS & SaaS Analytical database solution
- Maintain and support Cloud Windows servers and applications
- Implement security policies
- Maintain integration with PMI systems
- Monitor support queue and resolve incidents
- Monitor overall platform performance and make recommendations to improve and implement system-wide changes to enhance overall platform proficiency.
- Work in one or more cross-functional teams to develop prototypes, proof of concepts and implementing big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets leveraging PMI Enterprise Data Platform.
- Support and improve our internal frameworks, including DevOps toolchain, develop guidelines and best practices.
- Perform, in collaboration with PMI Enterprise Architecture team, technology and product research to better define requirements, resolve important issues and improve overall capability of PMI Enterprise Data Platform.
- Communicate with various teams, keeping everyone up-to-date on deployments, outages, issues, and solutions.
Who we're looking?
- Bachelor degree in computer science.
- 2 years experience on database administration (MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Experience on DB optimization and query analysis
- Application deployment and maintenance on Windows Server environments
- Powershell scripting
- Familiar with security (i.e., networking, Active Directory, Kerberos, SAML, OpenID Connect, two factor authentication, SSL, VPN).
- Good communication skills.
- Practitioner of DevOps principles
Nice to have
- Experience as Snowflake DBA
- Experience with Wherescape 3D and Wherescape RED applications
- Familiar with virtualized infrastructure, preferable cloud (VMWare, Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Knowledge of configuration management and automation frameworks such Ansible, Chef or similar tools
- Experience with monitoring tools, such as Datadog, Newrelic, Nagios, Prometheus, or similar
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis CI, Azure DevOps, etc.
- Experience working in agile environment using methodologies such Scrum or Kanban
- You are curious and keen to learn and experiments with new technologies quickly
- Healthcare package
- Pension Plan
- Dental Care
- Life Insurance
- Multisport program
- Cultural benefits
- Discounter program (Discounter is a program in which its partners offer our employees discounts on their services and products.)
- Hot beverages
- Cold beverages
- Subsidized meals in two company canteens