Senior DevOps Engineer
- Manage the methods of deployment (development, testing and production) and the processes and tools required to execute those deployments.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools. Experience with systems and IT operations.
- Manage the continuous integration systems used to build PBS software products.
- Manage the software development tools used by the development team and ensure they are scalable and failure proof.
- Champion changes to tools and processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the development team.
- Manage issue tracking and agile development tools (Atlassian JIRA).
- Automate parts of the development delivery process using scripts and other appropriate tools.
- Document processes and user guides for integrated tools and scripts.
- Devise and develop analytical methods and tools to measure the efficiency of products and processes.
- Create DR management processes and tools so outages can be handled without causing a loss of delivery.
- Advise on new technologies and methodologies by becoming an expert in emerging technologies and tools.
Our program was started as the migration of the financial instruments trading legacy mainframe system to a new technical, highly-scalable platform. The success of the program in both the migration and creation of a scalable platform led to it being selected as the strategic platform providing full-scale of advisory services for one of the biggest financial institutions in the world. This has led to significant further investment for legacy system migrations and technical improvements. Currently we have teams across several locations (Weehawken, Krakow, Wroclaw) on those projects.
Reengineer set of existing applications and introduce additional application interface layer, allowing to query underlying data from third-party applications
Who we're looking for?
Minimum Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelors (IT/Computer Science Preferred); Master's Degree preferred (IT/Computer Science Preferred) or equivalent experience
- Strong understating of DevOps functions & ability to automate manual processes & deployments.
- Proficient in scripting languages like shell scripts, batch scripts, python, XML, Maven.
- Experience with managing deployments using containers ex Docker/Kubernetes.
- Proficient in build & packaging tools like Maven, griddle, ant, msbuild, puppet etc
- Experience in managing & deploying application services like WebSphere, Tomcat, Jboss etc
- Proficient managing windows, linux operating systems, networking, database servers to perform software installations, upgrades, patching etc.
- Strong understanding of databases interms of installation, configuration, managing backups, file-spaces, performance tuning .
- Strong understanding of network security setup, HTTPS, Certificates management, SSO setup, encryptions.
- Proficient in monitoring applications/process using SPLUNK, App Dynamics, Netcool etc.
- Proficient in batch job scheduling tools like Autosys, Control-M, Tivoli etc.
- Proficient with managing code repository systems like GIT, SVN & continuous integration environment s like Jenkins, TeamCity, Cruisecontrol.
- Team player & ability work with multiple teams across organization to co-ordinate releases, deployment, troubleshooting.
- UNIX Shell scripting
- OS Windows / UNIX (Linux or Solaris)
- Git/GitHub and/or Subversion
- Webserver Integration (Apache / Tomcat)
- LDAP Integration
- Experience with managing Cassandra, Solr,Titan,DataStax clusters.
- Experience with Hadoop/Big data environment preferably Cloudera installation and cluster management.
- Experience with Cloud hosting services AWS, Azure, and Cloud Foundry.