Coverwallet is a start up on a mission to reinvent the insurance industry combining data, design and technology. CoverWallet is growing rapidly and expanding across the USA. We're just more than a year old and have raised $30 million in funding from top tier VCs (Foundation Capital, Union Square Ventures, Two Sigma, Index Ventures, and Founder Collective), and have built an incredible team of ~150 people (70% in New York and 30% between Madrid and Valencia). We are growing our team in Spain with some of the best engineers in Europe.
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team in our Kraków office. Our goal is to implement an engineering team from 0, so It will be a new team.
Our stack is: python, go, google cloud, docker, kubernetes, CI/CD.
- Work in a multi-cloud environment with GCP/AWS with cutting-edge technologies like Apache Airflow, Pub/sub, Redshift, Kubernetes, MongoDB, AWS Lambda among others and using Python as your main programming language (but we are open to others)
- Develop, maintain and optimize high-quality, reliable and robust data pipelines on Kubernetes and Airflow that convert data streams into valuable information
- Model and architect our data infrastructure building real time streaming and batch processing solutions (Right now we are working with Google Cloud Pub/Sub and Amazon Aurora)
- Design and deploy high-load microservices with strong quality requirements and high business value for the development of Machine Learning models and data tools
- Keep constantly improving your technical knowledge and expertise by implementing solutions based on open-source projects (e.g. DBT).
Who we're looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 5+ years working in data or software engineering environments
- Solid background in DWH solutions as Amazon Redshift
- Expertise in SQL/noSQL databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Coding proficiency in Python is a must. Additionally, at least one programming language (Scala, Go or Ruby) is highly desirable
- Experience working with bash scripting, Docker, Kubernetes and Linux environments on a daily basis
- Experience with AWS/GCP stack or another cloud computing platform is highly valuable
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and technical writing skills
- Team player, technology passionate and self-motivated individual
- Strong communication skills in English
- Healthcare package
- Leisure package
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages
- Cold beverages
- Bicycle parking