The Data Platforms Group at Intel is at the heart of our transformation from a PC company to a company which powers the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices.
Data center technologies created in Intel's R&D Center in Gdańsk, Poland are being applied in wide range of products that are used in virtually every computing center that exists in the world, as well as integrated into products and services offered by Intel's direct customers.
Our great Team is looking for a Senior Engineer to work on development of Intel SmartNIC and 5G products.
- You will be working with the newest technology worldwide
- You will be a part of our big R&D Center in Gdańsk
- You will be working across a group of professionals
- We guarantee you will be working in a safe environment, in an Organization which profoundly understands the current health situation worldwide. Either at your own home, or in our premises if needed, the security and wellbeing of you and your family stands as our utmost responsibility.
- You will have constant opportunities to develop your professional career through technical and soft skills trainings, taking part in innovation projects or rotational programs
- Also flexible working hours are important for us
- And our Amazing Benefits to make life easier and more enjoyable are waiting for you: Stock Program, Annual and Quarterly Bonuses, Employee Pension Plan, Medical Plan and life insurance for you and your Family, Peer to peer recognition, Ticket restaurant Card, Multisport Card / Holiday card, Groups of enthusiasts, Exclusive employee discounts, (online) events and many more - Aga (email@example.com) from Talent Acquisition Team will share all details during an interview.
- The position is addressed for someone passionate about computer networks and who wants to participate in the software development for next gen network solutions.
- The main activities will focus on Linux Operating system and acceleration compute intensive networking operation by Hardware.
- The scope of work will span firmware development, device drivers development, and OS utilities development depending on the program needs.
- You will have an opportunity to work very closely with internal and external stakeholders.
- Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Actively participating in all major stages of software development lifecycle, e.g. requirements definition, research, implementation, validation, post-release support activities. Most part of the job includes direct code creation.
- Implementing, unit testing and debugging software according to specifications and conforming to the coding standards
- Participation in code review, code analysis, requirements analysis, risk analysis, code profiling and tuning
- Creating and maintaining software design documentation
- Research new technologies that push the boundaries and capabilities of design and provide insight on applying these to created product.
- Collaborate with business and technical stakeholders to clearly understand business objectives, customer needs, and product requirements.
Who we're looking for?
Important for us:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a similar technical area is required to be considered for this position
- Strong Programming Skills. At least 7 years of demonstrated proficiency in C / C++ development in a Linux environment
- Understanding embedded systems, practical knowledge of Internet protocols for example (TCP/IP operation), Ethernet
- Knowledge of Computer Architecture, OS internals and Networking is essential.
- Advanced Linux programming concepts (threads, shared memory and other IPC, driver interface)
- Knowledge of x86 processor architecture and concepts like paging features, protected mode, SMP support
- Experience in user mode development
- Comfortable task switching and managing multiple tasks at the same time
- Solid written, verbal skills for expressing complex ideas and initiatives
- C Programming, Device Driver development, Linux Kernel development, protocol stack development/enhancements e.g. TCP/IP, UDP/IP, Socket layer development/enhancements, including network virtualization.
- Fluent in debugging network protocols, comfortable with use of PCI analyzer and ethernet analyzer, knowledge and experience debugging in clustered environments, cloud infrastructure understanding.