About this position:
As a Software Engineer in Cloud Services team, you will be responsible for the design and development of a live streaming IoT application developed and intended to be deployed on a cloud platform. You will implement proof of concepts, build features, deploy systems, and be responsible for the end-to-end execution of projects. You will partner with stakeholders from product management, architecture and other engineering teams across many functions within a Team and external implementation partners. You will be expected to have demonstrated success in software project delivery and experience in developing applications using a variety of tools, languages, frameworks and technologies.
- Participate in requirements backlog refinement including gap analysis and task estimation.
- Participate in technical architecture and design discussions with both internal and external engineering teams.
- Work with a Scrum Team to estimate the tasks and assist with planning sprints.
- Develop or modify code to implement the product features using the technology stack best suited for the architecture.
- Implement test driven development methodology to develop unit, integration, functional and performance test cases along with application deliverables.
- Collaborate with external partners to develop applications that meet the defined product requirements
- Work with business users and end to end validation teams to develop an acceptance test plan that ensures that the product meets customer requirements and expectations.
- Maintain regular written communication on project and task status with team manager, project management, and executive management
- Troubleshoot production application software problems.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, adapt to new hardware, and/or improve performance.
- Work with the development team to review pull requests and contribute to the improvement of coding practices.
- Participate in and contribute to all sprint ceremonies to help the team improve sprint delivery.
- Stay current in the latest and emerging software tools and technologies.
Who we're looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science, Computer Engineering, or related degree programs.
- 3+ years of professional experience in design, development, and support of.Net backend applications.
- Practical experience with .Net 3.1, OOP, functional programming and design patterns.
- Experience with PaaS centric architectures on Azure using components like Cosmos, Azure Data Lake Store, , Service Fabric, Service Bus, KeyVaults, Event Hubs, Event Grids, Data Lake, Kusto (Data Explorer), DataBricks, and Synapse.
- Experience with development and deployment of Microservices on cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Experience with OAuth2.
- Experience writing unit, integration and performance test cases.
- Strong debugging skills, code optimization, and performance tuning.
- Hands on experience with SQL databases (e.g. Azure SQL Database).
- Experience with Git and build tools
- Experienced in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) methodologies
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Passionate about technology, software, and data.
- Have the ability to work under pressure with strict timelines.
- 1+ year experience developing IoT Applications
- Experience with Microservices architecture on cloud platform.
- Experience with confidential compute frameworks like Enarx, Open Enclave, and/or experience with secure boot VM's using cloud TPMs like GCP's shielded VMs.
- Experience with containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes and Docker Swarm)
- Familiar with scripting languages like Bash and Python.
Traits we seek:
- Curiously investigate everything - ability to solving problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence - thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing - an entrepreneurial mindset that's driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience - seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
- Passion for product excellence - build great products with distinct customer value and apply continuous improvement and innovation