On behalf of our client from the pharmaceutical industry we are looking for a talented Data Engineers who would like to help them transform the way new therapeutic hypotheses are formed and validated.
The team works in 3 distributed development work streams delivering value for the scientists from the laboratories. One of the work streams is focused on delivering a data engineering platform which is the hub of scientific data from in-house and external organisations. On a very high level a platform should allow to pull the data from the selected sources, expose it to semi automated curation, store harmonised data, validate the data, enhance the data, process the harmonised data to calculate evidences and associations, allow query capabilities of the data.
- Design and implement the solution and justify the choices to the product owner (located in CA, USA)
- Review the current architecture and confront this with challenges, limitations and new requirements for post pilot release
- Share the knowledge by code/design reviews, etc.
- Project in a therapeutic research area: genetics, biotechnology.
Who we're looking for?
- Experienced with JVM programming (at least one of Java, Scala) and backend frameworks like Spring Boot
- 3+ years of data engineering professional experience, majority of time spent on hands-on experience
- Knowledge about architecture and design of big data solutions, being able to justify decisions and choices
- Experienced with orchestrating data processing pipelines
- Experienced with monitoring of data processing
- Experienced with different data formats for big data like PARQUET and data compressions
- Willing to share knowledge with other team members
- Fluent English is a must
- Comfortable in a distributed work environment (part of the team working in different time zones - calls after 5pm 1-2 times a week)
Nice to have experience with:
- Big data volumes Apache Spark JVM tuning messaging systems like RabbitMQ RDBMS databases and ETL processing
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Language courses