Our client is a leading global Financial markets data provider runs a number of change programs to deliver of high-quality software that connects Financial Markets across the globe in a real-time, high frequency and low-latency data management chain. The projects are technically challenging in an environment that is very engaging.
- Assigned to one or multiple systems/subsystems design, development and support
- Work with Project Manager, Product Manager, Business Analytics, and other stakeholders, to ensure high quality software deliveries on time
- Work with Technical Operation system to ensure the service stability, and quick turn-around for production issue within acceptable time period (SLA)
- Make sure the completion of the objectives assigned within the agreed timeframe
- Organize the implementation and test cross-functional systems, and ensure delivered system meets clients and business needs functionally and non-functionally
- Review design, code, implementation and test cases, of own work, or work of colleagues, to ensure compliance to requirements and architectural specifications.
- Work with project team to make modifications to existing software applications, or to develop and integrate new applications according to specifications and industry standards.
- Liaise with colleagues in sites overseas, and internal customers on trouble shooting, analysis and solution on maintenance / support issues.
- Research new and emerging technologies. Evaluate and make recommendations for new tools, technologies, and platforms to be implemented
- Promote internal knowledge sharing and support mutual growth of team members.
- Excellent communication skills, including technical writing and presentation, oral communication in English (Writing in English is a primary function of this role). Ability to work with people at all levels, and comfortable in cross-cultural environment
- Self-managed. Good timekeeper
Who we're looking for?
Experience on Java development and troubleshooting.
- Experience Shell, etc. development and troubleshooting
- Readiness to work with cloud
- Experience in implementing REST API standards via data access layer
- Strong debug and troubleshooting experience (Linux, Windows)
- Linux based Real Time or latency-sensitive system development experience is a plus.
- Strong development / networking skills using IP based protocols (TCP, UDP, HTTP, etc.), and exposure to any middleware is a plus.
- Provide continuous support and willing to shift work time to fit the needs where the service requested from different time zone. Strong sense of core system support and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to solve complex problems in real-time production environment
- Experience in Python development and troubleshooting
- Experience in AWS, and / or other Cloud Computing platform
- Domain knowledge of real-time trading systems and network is a plus. Known the standard Real Time data model or network protocol, such as OMM, RDF, TRWF, is a plus.
- A proactive team player, capability to work in dynamic environment, under pressure (scope, schedule, quality). Ability to work under tight deadlines with high stress tolerance and potentially overtime with advance notice from management.
- Independence and strong sense of ownership to solve problems. Accountability for quality
- Can work on multiple projects at the same time
- Willing to share experience to develop other people
- Professional experience / knowledge will be an advantage: Project Management, Data Network communication, Financial Market Industry is a big plus
- Quick learner and ability to quickly grasp technical / business concepts. Meticulous and attentive to details. Ability to solve problems in real-time production systems
- Optimistic, and open-minded.