Vmgen is a cloud platform launched by NetActuate, a company led by engineers with decades of experience. Operating one of the 10 largest IPv4 and IPv6 peered networks in the world, NetActuate helps providers get closer to their end users – no matter where in the world they are. vmgen was created to make cloud computing even more fast and simple.
As vmgen Software Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to develop vmgen products, while using your expertise in coding, algorithms, complexity analysis and large-scale system design. This role combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. Software development work will focus on preparing the architecture and developing new products on top of the infrastructure provided by vmgen. This is a full-time, 100% remote position.
- Build and implement architecture for the products
- Develop new functionalities and products
- Build efficient, testable and reusable PHP modules
- Integration with the existing APIs and products
- Integration of data storage solutions
Who we're looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving software/systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Practical knowledge of Laravel framework
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming (practical knowledge of SOLID principles)
- Knowledge of PHP testing frameworks (PHPUnit preferred)
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Understanding of code versioning tools (git preferred)
- Experience with networking and the “cloud”
- Experience to navigate and debug code that is not familiar to you
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Understanding of networking (ideally anycast solutions)
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive
- Basic knowledge of Docker
- PHP backend based on Laravel 8 framework
- Frontend: React (Next.js) + Redux
- Styling: SCSS (based on Bootstrap 5)
- GitLab pipelines for CI/CD
- Docker for local development environment