The successful candidate will be joining the Service Digitalization and Program Execution (SDPE) Department within GCIO IT Strategy & Architecture. We are a global team of professional programme and project managers and business analysts who provide project discipline and delivery expertise across GCIO. Typical assignments are complex, technical, cross-departmental, transformational, and global in nature.
The IT Business Analyst (BA) will be a key member of the SDPE team working on one of the key Cyber Security Programs within the bank. Whilst the IT BA is not expected to be an infrastructure technical domain expert, he/she is expected to have deep experience in IT infrastructure, exceptional communication/organizational skills, and strong capability in business analysis / requirements engineering. Cyber Security experience will be an advantage.
The new team member will work in our smart working Warsaw office, as a member of our geographically distributed team, once it is safe to do so. Until that time, they will need to work remotely. The role will report to the BA Global Manager located in the NY office with regional manager based out of Warsaw, and be allocated to projects and programs on demand.
Team: The new team member will work in our state-of-the-art smart working Warsaw office as a member of our geographically distributed team. IT BA works within SDPE BA Team located in Warsaw - currently 5 team members - experts in Business Analysis from various domains, and is a member of geographically distributed team (Singapore, London, Warsaw, Zurich, New York, and Raleigh). He / she reports to Global BA Manager (New York) and locally to the Regional Line Manager located in the Warsaw office.
There are few unusual challenges.
Candidates will need to be able to perform the majority of meetings remotely through Skype, Zoom and tele-conferences calls, with often little face-to-face interaction. Due to current global situation, the work will be entirely remote with the intention to return to a mostly on-site approach once things return to normal.
This is a global role therefore the candidate is expected to work across numerous time zones, which may occasionally require working outside of normal office hours.
Project related challenges include working with in a high visibility program with senior stakeholders and the expectation of the need to work to tight deadlines.
- Elicitation / gathering of IT requirements into user stories
- Illustration/representation of requirements into target process models
- Functional and non-functional requirements documentation and tracking across Agile delivery lifecycle
- Presentation of requirements to architects for solution design
- Ongoing requirements management and collaboration with stakeholders and delivery teams - formulate requirements as user stories, definition of testing / success criteria, sprint planning & reviews, user acceptance testing, input into the product backlog
- Drive delivery of work packages within a main project
- Support project activities that may involve other tasks like data analysis, presentations, and reports
- Working in a global virtual project team with close daily collaboration with stakeholders
Who we're looking for?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work through ambiguity and complexity
- High professional standards, collaborative, and client focused
- Relevant experience in IT Infrastructure required. Must have strong knowledge and experience with IT Infrastructure including servers, storage, networks, and databases and how IT applications consume them to be able to drive transformation and elicit buy in
- Experience working in a global environment across different cultures
- Experience of global project delivery with a proven history of providing analysis and solutions that supports successful project delivery in a matrix environment
- Specific experience delivering the following project types a plus: part of a global project team to deliver process harmonization and analysis, process orchestration and automation, and understanding operational processes for further optimization
- Proven experience in analyzing application infrastructure design, classification of apps in areas such as regulatory and non-functional (e.g. suitability analysis), and strong leadership in managing senior stakeholders
- Experience in Agile as project delivery methodology for any solution delivery framework and working in Scrum teams
- Core BA skills – requirements and issues management leveraging tools such as JIRA and Confluence, requirements traceability & retention, strong problem solving and analysis mapping process/activity flows, business cases development, data and metrics visualizations
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment turning the 'unknowns' into 'knowns'
- Experience working with CMDB such as HPAM
- Understanding of Data Analytics and Big Data
- Strong process design and process engineering skills
- Flexibility in understanding and utilizing existing processes