IT Specialist, App Hosting & Data Security
IT Specialist, App Hosting & Data Security
Poznan Tech Hub is GSK worldwide biggest IT center hiring about 700 highly-skilled IT professionals. We are part of GSK, which aspires to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. At Poznań Tech Hub we build a truly international team which provides services to all GSK locations around the world. Our talented IT experts have a unique opportunity to contribute to the entire product life cycle from research and development, through manufacturing, to commercialization and support salesforce of new vaccines, medicines and healthcare products.
It is a great time to join GSK Tech Hub in Poznan. We value courage, accountability, development and teamwork. You will be encouraged to experiment and collaborate across teams to bring innovation to our every day job. We are open to candidates with various levels of experience - whether you are a seasoned specialist with deep expertise or a graduate looking to kick start your career. Help us to lead in Technology to improve lives of patients and consumers around the world
As an IT Specialist you will be a part of Network Security Infrastructure (NSI) team, a team of enthusiastic security experts who are responsible for maintaining and operating services that protect externalized and critical applications, hosts and databases within GSK infrastructure. We are curious, like to challenge each other and share knowledge. Your Agile mindset and ways of working will be an asset for our team as we continue the Digital journey.
The services we operate are of a global nature, providing security solutions to multiple business units, totalling over 100,000 users located around the world. Thus, one of our team’s role is to communicate efficiently with all the stakeholders and customers in different countries.
The IT Specialist, Network Security Infrastructure function within the Security Infrastructure group delivers global services and technology capabilities to ensure alignment with the strategy and key investment areas identified in the Cyber Security Operations area.
- Protecting of 2000+ externally facing systems with various security layers
- Monitoring, analysing, and reporting on all managed services
- Managing Web Application and Database Firewalls
- Managing network IPS and threat prevention systems
- Managing Host based Intrusion Detection and Prevention systems
- Providing value as part of a Cybersecurity Operations Infrastructure team within the security domain
- Providing services based on GxP, ITIL, DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Operating ticketing, change management, continuity planning and risk management systems
- Taking part in investigations related to unauthorized activities on key assets (externally facing servers, EOL devices and sensitive data)
- Participating in security incident management activities
- Implementing technical and business requirements for data protection solutions, participate in project reviews, documentation processes
- Collaborating effectively across global service teams and across boundaries
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust.
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Contract of employment
- Attractive reward package (annual bonus & awards for outstanding performance, recognition awards for additional achievements and engagement, holiday benefit)
- Life insurance and pension plan
- Private medical package with additional preventive healthcare services for employees and their eligible
- Sports cards (Multisport)
- Possibilities of development within the role and company’s structure
- Personalized learning approach (mentoring, online trainings’ platforms: Pluralsight, Business Skills, Harvard Manage Mentor, Skillsoft and external trainings)
- Extensive support of work life balance (flexible working solutions, short Fridays option, health & wellbeing activities)
- Supportive community and integration events
- Modern office with creative rooms, fresh fruits everyday.
- Free car and bike parking, locker rooms and showers.
Who we're looking?
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s degree level in an IT-related discipline (e.g. Information Technology, Data Analytics, Networking) with strong interest in Cybersecurity
- Familiarity with current cybersecurity systems and typical IT systems vulnerabilities
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and synthesize information and make service recommendations
- Demonstrated ability for sound judgment with strong emphasis on quality, and service improvement
- Passionate about cyber security, willingness to learn new technologies
- Good command of English (B2/C1)
- Basic understanding of information security risks, preventative measures, and incident and threat management
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Any proven college project or work related experience within the general domain of cyber security
- Practical knowledge of ITIL, Agile, VfQ, DevOps methodologies
- Ability to engage with business and 3rd party stakeholders and communicate service issues in their terms
- Broad Information Security knowledge, covering the security domains within the scope of ISO 27001
- CCNA, ITIL, any Cybersecurity related training
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Hot beverages